
Today the sun is shining here in the Northeast, a great improvement over the sleety icy rains of yesterday. There is a custom in the town where we live called "swinging the beach". That means driving down Beach Street to the town beach at the end. There is a circular drive at the end where you can cruise slowly or pause to look out at the beach and ocean. Swinging the beach is a daily routine for some , connecting with the power of the Atlantic everyday. Today instead of just swinging the beach I took a really lovely walk over the snowy sand and along the shore line. I love when the weather is great and we can hit the beach in January!! I will say I was snugly dressed as it was still only in the 30's. I couldn't decide which picture to post so here are two from my walk.


Beautiful, powerful waves. I love the ocean, just don't get to see it but once or so a year.
ReplyDeleteThose are fantastic! The top one is so serene and the second, as JoAnn stated, is so powerful! What a great way to start your day - very inspirational!
ReplyDeleteHow BEAUTIFUL!!!! I absolutely loved reading your description of "swinging" and walking the beach. Got lost in it for a few minutes ... better get back to work! :)
ReplyDeletegosh these are beautiful. I just love the ocean, even if it's the winter, there is just something about the power of those waves. Your photos are stunning!
ReplyDelete