This antique phone was in our house when we bought it. It is mounted in a small hallway nook just outside the kitchen. The previous owners surmised that it was the original phone in this house and thought it should stay. Our house, at least the original part of it, is around 290 years old. There is a newer addition that is only around 180 years old! And the newest part, a small addition to the kitchen, is about 15 years old. The phone is obviously not hooked up anymore but if you turn the handle it does make the bells ring, which the girls really get a kick out of.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Day 21
This antique phone was in our house when we bought it. It is mounted in a small hallway nook just outside the kitchen. The previous owners surmised that it was the original phone in this house and thought it should stay. Our house, at least the original part of it, is around 290 years old. There is a newer addition that is only around 180 years old! And the newest part, a small addition to the kitchen, is about 15 years old. The phone is obviously not hooked up anymore but if you turn the handle it does make the bells ring, which the girls really get a kick out of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That is soooo COOL!!!! Our house is young compaired to yours it just turned 100 last year.
ReplyDeleteWow! To live in a house that old! I have a similar phone that was in use shortly before my family moved to Alaska in 1960.
ReplyDeleteCool phone and your house is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the colonial style, and the color is marvelous - I have always wanted an old house but I know it is probably a lot of work to keep up but so worth it if you can! They have such personality and a life of their own.
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome shot and such a neat phone. How cool to live in a house that old. I absolutely love old houses!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about old houses -- "If Walks Could Talk" is one of my favs on HGTV. More photos and stories, please!
ReplyDeleteHow fun....I love antiques!
ReplyDelete