
Inauguration Day.
The girls and I cheered and clapped and I cried happy tears. What a momentous day!
The pictures aren't great but they are "in the moment"! I grabbed a couple of the TV and then a couple of LYX and MQ watching Obama taking the oath of office. I have a shot of Obama, face front, but it has Cheney in the back and even on his way out I couldn't bear to put his face on my blog!


I couldn't help but be reminded of old Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life" when I saw Dick Cheney in his wheelchair.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo, the girls are watching so intently. Em is just too young to care, I tried to explain to her what was happening but she was mad I made her stop playing to watch.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had someone here to watch it with me. My dh had to be at work, and my youngest watched it in school. I cried my happy tears too!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't watch it and I'm still at work tonight so didn't even get to watch the news. MAybe I'll see something later...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you captured some history in the making - what a fabulous photo-op!
ReplyDeleteAww what beautiful photos, i love that captured your chidlrens expressions! Truly an amazing day for us here in the states!
ReplyDeleteHahah - I am rotflmao about your cheney comment! Hee that is the best! I ended up with a couple of shots of W and they got deleted somehow.
ReplyDeleteLove how you captured their faces - so great!