Day 62: Tuesday, 3/3/09

This is my newest cooking friend. I've had this crock pot for a long time but never really made anything I particularly liked with it. But recently I have pulled it out again and have been trying some new soup recipes. Today it's a Chicken Tortilla Soup and last week I made a very tasty Split Pea soup.
Day 61: Monday, 3/2/09

Today I had a Gastroscopy in which they checked out my esophagus, stomach and the very first part of the little intestine. Compared to the prep for the Colonoscopy in the fall this was a cake walk, just no food or water from midnight the night before. With a family history that now contains Esophageal Cancer and Barrett's Esophagus, my doctor thought it was time to take a look see! I am pleased to report that I am clean and clear!!
Day 60: Sunday, 3/1/09

Daddy and the girls snuggled up to watch The Sound of Music. It was the girls first time and they really loved the songs and the dances. The political nuances were hard to catch but they loved the kids and the "romance".
Great pictures today. Love the one of them watching The Sound of Music together.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, chicken tortilla soup!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your all-clear report.
Congrats on the all clear!!!
ReplyDeleteChicken tortilla soup, I haven't tried one yet, you need to let us know how it turns out.
Love the crock pot! Our favorite is to pour KC Masterpiece Traditional BBQ sauce over boneless chicken thighs and sometimes I throw in chopped onion - and let it cook (boneless breasts don't turn out right). It's better to eat after it sits all night, soaking up the juice from the crock and freezes great - it's what I'm making tonighit as Target had thighs on sale really cheap today! The easiest meal and so tasty over lightly buttered rice!
ReplyDeleteyeah on the all clear! I know that has to be a bit of relief just knowing. Love the girls curled up with Dad. I've been thinking about getting a crockpot lately. Get dinner started in the morning when I still have time instead of rushing at 5 or 6 for a quick dinner! Soups sound great!
ReplyDelete