Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 63, 64, 65, 66 and 67

Day 67, Sunday, 3/8/09

What a drop-dead-gorgeous day!! The sun was shining, it was in the 50's, very breezy at the beach but spectacular!! We played on the rocks at Wingearsheak Beach. MQ and LYX had fun returning dozens of snails to the safety of the water.

I couldn't resist doing a "then and now" of me and the girls. The top photo is from yesterday and the bottom is of us at the same beach in October 2004.




Day 66: Saturday, 3/7/09
LYX's turn to cook! She read an easy recipe for Fortune Cookies in an old issue of MEI Magazine and decided to try it. LYX is not often into cooking so this was a really fun project that she and I got to do alone together while MQ hung out with Daddy. We had fun together!

Day 65: Friday, 3/6/09
Another playdate! This time our good friends J and M joined us at home for an afternoon of fun. They acted out their own version of The Wizard of Oz. Here we have MQ as Glinda the Good Witch, though later she switched to being Toto Two (Toto's baby), J as Auntie Em (she also played the part of the Wicked Witch of the West in another costume), LYX as Dorothy and M as Toto! Terrific performances all around.

Day 64: Thursday, 3/5/09
Strike up the band! MQ had a playdate with a Kindergarten friend. They entertained me with a show and had a great time playing together today.

Day 63: Wednesday, 3/4/09
Dumplings, won tons, pot stickers, what ever you want to call them were the cooking project of the day. MQ and I had fun making this recipe which is a modified version of one Bridget at CDS posted. Very yummy and fun!

7 comments:

  1. What fun you guys are having. Love the "then and now" photo, the playdate and the cooking projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos and so sweet of you girl loving to help out with diner. Love the photo of the little dress-up play date...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME photos. I love your cooking ones, I still need to try those dumplings. The then and now photos are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that then-n-now photo series! The fortune cookie recipe looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your now and then photo. Sweet girls! May I send my girls to your house for cooking lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great serie of pics! Love the one on the beach, the then& now and of course the cooking ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful shots - love the now and then photo - nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete