Day 39: Sunday, 2/08/09

The 2nd Grade studies ancient China in our elementary school. LYX is doing her research project on the Terra Cotta Warriors of Xian. She worked on the model today which is made from styrofoam and paint. She is cutting out pictures of the statues that we scanned in from a book we have. She glued them to popsicle sticks and will poke them into the styrofoam in rows. She will also do a poster with her research on it. I'll post a finished product photo when she is done. She is quite pleased with it so far.
Day 38: Saturday, 2/07/09

Saturday morning TV!! The usual suspects in their usual places. LYX and MQ don't choose to watch TV during the week except for a video with dinner, they prefer to play and do crafts. But weekend mornings are a different story. They grab their spots on the couch with their soft fleece blankets and enjoy a couple shows on TIVO before getting going with their days.
Day 37: Friday, 2/06/09

Queen of the Hill! The girls enjoyed some fun in the snow this afternoon. It was great to get out and play after so many days of sickness.
Great photos! The model is very cool and the picture of your children cuddled up on the couch is just adorable! Love the last photo too! I can't believe how much snow y'all have.
ReplyDeleteThe Xian Warriors model is very impressive!! Incredible for a 2nd grader (I think I'll file this idea away for my pre-teen!)
ReplyDeleteWow! Fantastic job on the Terracotta warriors! Such a great idea to use the styrofoam and scanned photos on sticks. It really gives you a feel for the real thing, which is jaw-dropping. I was literally in AWE when we went when I adopted Jing.
ReplyDeleteDitto on the terracotta warriors! That looks great!
ReplyDelete